Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sweet 16 of... Arm Wrestling?

You've heard of the sweet 16 in NCAA basketball, right? Ah, but have you heard of the sweet 16 of arm wrestling? Uh...neither did I until a couple Fridays ago when Eddie decided to draw up a bracket of the 16 guys in our home group for arm wrestling!

This is the picture. It is Oct. 12, 2007, our post-bible study event. 16 guys are at my home. We're making some nice nacho cheese and lemonade. And of course everyone is eagerly anticipating the event for the evening, but little did they know it is... arm wrestling?!
Everyone receives a bracket of all 16 people present who are matched up randomly, or at Eddie's whim.

The goal? Choose who will make it to the final round and win it all.
Incentive? Eddie or I will take the person who filled out the bracket most accurately to a free dinner anywhere they choose.

So what happened? Let's look at some pictures:


Look at how intense Chih Ming is going at it against Brian even in the first round!


But it's just mostly friendly competition right?


Maybe not... I hope they have licenses for those guns!


However, when the dust clears there is only one victor! Freshman John Kwon was no match for Senior Steve Choi... Or was John holding back...?

In the end everyone had a lot of fun and laughs. Who knew that arm wrestling could be such a bonding occasion? Guys just bond on a deeper level... you know without words
Oh yea, who won the bracket?! Senior Stephan Yoon, guess being older means something, like knowing who to choose in arm wrestling competitions...
Until next time...Koinonia 1 arm wrestling championship of the world...


We'll leave you with a little video I like to call... OH MY GOSH!

3 comments:

kevan said...

I think this might be the most ridiculous post to date I've seen on this site. After watching the video of the championship match, I'm inclined to believe John threw the match.

Steven said...

Yeah, John Kwon looked way too calm during that match. Man, if only I had picked myself to win the bracket, I would've won both arm wrestling glory AND dinner!

I really appreciate the last video in this post. OH MY GOSH!

K Ding said...

When are we going to have a tournament like that in our sophomore small group?