Saturday, November 8, 2008

Gone: the questions

Our special event, Gone, was a lot of fun and is now... yes, you guessed it, gone. During the night, the seniors who hosted asked a bunch of trivia, some of which I didn't know! Then there was the music video (when I find it, I'll embed it here), and personal stories from some of the Koinonia juniors and seniors.

Anyway, Josh also went onstage and asked a couple questions that led to some really neat conversation in the group I was a part of. I met Vanessa (soph from H.2) and David (from a2f Blue), and we talked through these questions:

  • Is there was a season of your life that's gone now that you miss? What do you miss about that time?

  • If you had to live today over again, what would you do differently?
As usual, there's pictures of the event online. But what prompted this post is the curiosity what you guys talked about in response to the questions! Answer away.

1 comment:

MikeKim said...

O man... I'm not sure if I remember the names of the people that I met... But many of us talked about missing our childhoods and how we would want to 'relive' it again. Childhood presents a time of great joy and this is the time when we aren't aware of the realities and implications of life.

I talked about how I've been spending my summers throughout my life and how I would want to 'redo' it. Knowing what I know now, I would have wanted to spend my summers being more productive and doing things that actually mattered, maybe reading up on some books (which would have seemed like a crazy idea to do during summer back then...). But yes, I do wish that I would have spent my summers gaining more knowledge and reading books beyond my academic text during the school year.