Monday, April 7, 2008

ImpACT Springfest Workday 2!

Impact is going really well and so far, the work days have been super fun and efficient. We usually start the night with dinner which has been pretty good even though we had SALAD yesterday! I was surprised myself. I think it was heavily sister influenced.

We started the night by all meeting in the multi-purpose room. Some areas still needed volunteers so we finalized where everyone would be working. The Rowland Heights Boys wanted to volunteer me to be in the skit so that they could see me dress up in a super hero costume but luckily, they were out of the room when they asked for volunteers. I volunteered as a helper so I was open for any position but now I'm helping Jasper with Photography! I'm still really new to the whole photography stuff but I've been learning a lot from Jasper and Mike Zhang. Justin Woo was kind enough to let me borrow his SLR for all of Springfest! Go JWoo!

Besides taking a lot of photos of people working, I helped with decorations also. The multi-purpose room was filled with projectors against every wall, drilling machines and people working on life size posters of super heroes and banners. Everyone was super busy drawing, painting, cutting, gluing, and anything that arts and crafts would entail. If you thought that was a lot, there were more people in the couch area where they were planning lessons for various classes (Chemistry, Bridge Building, Physics, etc.) and numerous other groups planning out games, registration and other logistics. The skit team worked upstairs where they were super loud and could be heard from the multi-purpose room. From what I heard, the skit should be awesome! The other smaller classrooms were busy with people decorating and getting everything set. The computer room had people rushing around to get all the logistics down and printing out any material needed.

Through it all, Andy Tung was able to keep his composure and he's been doing a great job coordinating everything! By the end of the day, I learned how to use an SLR camera, Brian Jue became an expert bridge builder, Justin Teng and Kevin Ding were covered in sawdust from all the wood drilling, and all of us helped out with decorations at some point. We gathered together at the end for some good prayer time with each other and called it a night. It was awesome to see everyone coming to work together amidst the busy midterm schedule this coming week. I found it amazing that all of us were able to sacrifice our times and energy for this event so that we may share God's love with children in our community. Overall, I enjoyed the whole time being there with everyone in fellowship and working as a team to put together an awesome event! Springfest is going to be AMAZING!

2 comments:

kevan said...

Springfest sounds really exciting. I can't wait until we do the runthrus. I'm going to be a really bad "kid" and give the instructors and team leads a tough time to simulate potential real-world conditions.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Feel like I am missing out in not participating in Springfest this year. I am really excited however, and look forward to how the kids will be positively IMPACTED by y'all's good work.